Many of these are transcriptions from the ancient script of original documents held in public record offices.
Details of some wills and inventories are available below. The list is in date of death order.
Ashmole, Browne, Devis, Drummond, Holt, Howard, Evelyn, Lloyd, Malthus, Oughtred, Strachey, Tupper, Warner, Williams-Ellis and others have entries on homepage.
Wills and Inventories of historic Albury people, in date of death order:
Search Albury History for a subject, place, person or event:
- - 1529 Thomas Gatton, Yeoman, Albury
- - 1566 William Parsons, Labourer, Albury
- - 1567 John Graffham, Yeoman, Farley Green
- - 1582 Bartholomo Bowdock, Parson, Rectory, Albury, DBRG 2506
- - 1583 Richard Hiller, Husbandman, Albury
- - 1589 William Mathewe, Labourer, Albury
- - 1591 John A Stone, Widow, Stonehouse, Albury
- - 1591 William Ticknore, Yeoman, Albury
- - 1599 Edward Aburne, Husbandman, Weston, Albury
- - 1604 Thomas Farlye, Yeoman, Farley Green
- - 1617 Thomas Street, Tailor, Albury
- - 1621 Alice Stillwell, Widow, Albury
- - 1625 Richard Hamond, Yeoman, Farley, Albury
- - 1639 Thomas Parson, Husbandman, Albury
- - 1641 Henry Braborne, Dyer, Albury
- - 1642 Richard Chenell, Husbandman, Wonersh
- - 1652 Richard Tickner, Tailor, Albury
- - 1657
Henry Wicks. Servant to Queen Elizabeth, James I & Charles I. Includes Saxon Church 1919 excavations and notes.
- - 1659 Robert Tickner, Tailor, Albury
- - 1668 Mary Duncumb, Widow, Albury
- - 1680 John Holmes, Yeoman, Albury
- - 1695 William Risbridger, Yeoman, Albury
- - 1719 Heneage Finch, purchased Albury Park in 1678.
- - 1742
Sir Robert Godshall, ?Weston House
- - 1794 William Clement Finch, purchased Albury Park from his brother.
- - 1806 Samuel Horsley / Samual Hursley, Rector, mathematician, scientist, anti-slavery speaker and author who disputed with Joseph Priestley.
- - 1809 William Man Godshall, Esquire, Weston House
- - 1832
Sarah Shubrick, presumed artist of Fourteen Views in the Village of Albury near
Guildford drawn by a Lady published for the Benefit of an Orphan Family.
- - 1865 Elizabeth Arrow, Widow, West Chart, Farley Green, DBRG 2833
Starting in 1250, a list of all the Rectors of the Parish of Albury is at: alburychurches.org/rectors.html.